Since it was first performed in 1990, LASIK eye surgery has continued to grow in popularity. While continued technological advances have made this surgery increasingly safer and more affordable, it is the benefits of LASIK that continue to drive patients to the Black Hills Regional Eye Institute for corrective laser eye surgery. For our patients in Rapid City, laser eye surgery is customized to produce excellent results and decrease the need for glasses and contact lenses.
Patients around the world have been electing to undergo LASIK surgery because it provides them the benefits of:
- Improved vision: LASIK surgery makes modifications to the corneal curvature to improve vision problems that include nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Freedom from corrective wear: Patients who undergo LASIK drastically reduce or, in many cases, eliminate the need for corrective eye wear.
- Saving money: Although LASIK surgery has a significant cost up front, over time patients will save on the cost of glasses, repairs, contact lenses, contact lens products, etc.
In addition to these benefits that all patients who undergo LASIK can expect, there are benefits that are unique to our patients at the Black Hills Regional Eye Institute. For our patients in Rapid City, LASIK is a superior experience because we provide patients with the following benefits:
- The most advanced LASIK technology: All of our patients who come to us for LASIK surgery will be given iLASIK, a bladeless technique that is used by the military and NASA. This technique allows for more customized correction of the cornea. Additionally, this technique causes less trepidation for most of our patients because there is no blade used during the procedure. We are the only provider that offers bladeless iLASIK to the community of Rapid City.
- A lifetime enhancement plan: Most practices offer patients a plan that allows for enhancements or adjustments to be made within 12 to 18 months after the LASIK procedure. At Black Hills Regional Eye Institute, our patients benefit from a lifetime enhancement plan.
- Access to our doctors: We understand the importance of choosing to undergo LASIK surgery. We want our patients to feel secure in their decision to undergo LASIK surgery and will answer questions at any time. We even provide our patients with a cell phone number to reach our doctors whenever necessary.
- Financing: We want LASIK to be an affordable option for all of our patients. We offer a variety of payment options and cash discounts to meet the financial needs of our patients.
- Results: Above all, we provide our patients with successful surgical results. Following iLASIK with our experienced eye doctors, 95 percent of our patients achieve vision of 20/20 or better.
Schedule an Appointment
You’ve probably heard all about the benefits of LASIK surgery. Isn’t it time to see if LASIK is right for you? Schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at Black Hills Regional Eye Institute to find out if you’re a good candidate for iLASIK. We look forward to hearing from you.