Ocular Nutrition and Eye Health Vitamins Available at Black Hills Regional Eye Institute

Happy couple

Focus MaculaPro vitamins are for patients with Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD). AMD is a disease of the macula, a small area of nerve tissue in the retina at the back of the eye. The macula allows you to see fine details and do activities such as reading and driving.   There are two types of AMD, including dry AMD which affects about 90% of people with AMD. The other type, wet AMD, affects about 10% of those that have AMD.

Happy Older CoupleFocus MaculaPro was developed by a group of over 400 retina specialists. Retina specialists, like Dr. Prema Abraham at the Eye Institute in Rapid City, SD, treat patients with AMD. These specialists based their formula for the Focus MaculaPro vitamins from a controlled, nationwide scientific study done by the National Eye Institute of the National Institutes of Health in 1992, to determine if antioxidant vitamins and minerals in high doses supported eye health. This landmark study was called the Age-Related Eye Disease Study, or AREDS. The results of this study demonstrated the benefits to our eyes of the vitamins and minerals tested. Because there is no cure for AMD, vitamin support is crucial.

Focus MaculaPro can be purchased at Black Hills Regional Eye Institute by calling 605-341-2000, extension x9190 or x3320. One bottle sells for $30, which is a 3 month supply. One tablet is taken in the morning, and one tablet is taken in the evening with meals. We do not ship vitamins and take cash or check (made out to BHREI) for payment. Vitamins may also be ordered by calling 855-659-9814 or by visiting www.focusvitamins.com. Please call our office at 800-658-3500 to learn how to recieve a discount when ordering online.